Pages

30 May 2011

Marlene Dietrich News Bytes

  • The late Pam Gems' play, Marlene, is running now until June 18 and then August 24 through September 3 at the Stephen Joseph Theatre in Scarborough. See this site and this site for more details.
  • The Criterion Collection has made Knight Without Armour available to Hulu Plus subscribers. I consider this an auspicious sign that Criterion will package this film for DVD release. So far, Criterion has released The Scarlet Empress and a Josef von Sternberg silent film collection in DVD format. If you get a "blocked" message on the Hulu site, please let me know. I want to know whether the site is less restricted; I never had direct access to it when I lived in Bulgaria.
  • The Women Men Yearn For (a.k.a. The Woman One Longs For; Die Frau, nach der man sich sehnt) will screen at the San Francisco Silent Film Festival on Saturday, July 16 at 8:30pm. Buy tickets here.
  •  Any other news at the moment? Tell us in the comments section.

1 comment:

  1. It cannot access to that movie from Spain, It is restricted only to the U.S. visit. Fortunately, I have this classic movie of Marlene on DVD. Greetings

    ReplyDelete